Every child deserves an incredible school experience. That’s why we created Vanguard Collegiate of Indianapolis. We bring high-quality instruction, character development and a rigorous curriculum to our 5th to 8th grade students. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the world has changed. This health crisis has specifically ravaged Black, Latinx and poor communities.
COVID-19 did more than present challenges like our community has never seen; it also made plain the inequities that exist in education, health care, food security, housing, employment and mental health services.
At Vanguard, we are adapting our high-quality instruction, social emotional learning and our character development to be ready for virtual learning. We will not let our scholars — or our community — down. When school cannot be in-person, we will be ready with our same unapologetic focus on academic success and our full commitment to our scholars. Here’s how:
1) Our schedule includes time with teachers every day. It is not independent learning.
2) We have designated time on Fridays for academic support, including tutoring and small group learning. Scholars with IEPs will get the support they deserve.
3) We have 1:1 laptops for every scholar. We will get you a wifi hotspot if you need it, too.
4) We use Clever, a password tool, to login to all our virtual learning websites. You only need to remember one password!
5) Social emotional learning is included in our curriculum. We know that COVID has been traumatic for kids and we will be prepared to address and support those needs. We have a therapist on staff working with our scholars and families.
Marcia Lomax has worked in mental health for over 20 years. She is living our Vanguard Way – as a leader in thought, word and action. She received a Bachelor’s Degree (summa cum laude) in Psychology from St. Augustine’s University in 1999. Graduating #1 in the Psychology Department and #7 in her graduating class. Marcia earned a Master’s Degree (magna cum laude) in Psychology from Martin University in 2007. Ms. Lomax is here for our scholars and able to support our Vanguard Collegiate of Indianapolis families as well.
Looking for your child to become a true leader in THOUGHT, WORD and ACTION? Enroll with us, today! Online or in-person…we are unapologetically focused on the academic success of our scholars!
Vanguard Collegiate of Indianapolis is unapologetically focused on the academic success of our scholars, our fifth to eighth grade students. Situated in Central Indianapolis, we provide high-quality instruction, rigorous curriculum, and supportive character development. We create pathways to college success and to becoming leaders in thought, word, and action. Be a Vanguard, today!